FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“While we are grateful that the government has listened to Conservatives by expanding CEBA eligibility for small businesses and investing further in urban indigenous organizations, we strongly believe a democratic country like Canada must have a functional Parliament,” said MP Arnold Viersen.
“The Liberals are spending hundreds of billions of dollars – but they are refusing to provide an economic update. With the possibility of the debt reaching a trillion dollars this year, taxpayers deserve to know how the government is spending their money.”
- Total Canadian cases: 81,277 (33,529 active, 41,603 recovered, 6,145 deceased)
- NEW – Canada announces $75 million for off-reserve Indigenous services.
- NEW – Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses application portal opens May 25
- NEW – Canada Emergency Business Account expanded to small businesses with payroll lower than $20,000
- NEW – Canada, US border closure extended to June 21
- NEW – Conservatives call on Trudeau to restore normal Parliament sittings.
All national updates can be found at: www.Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Total cases in Alberta: 6,735 confirmed (5,637 recovered, 128 deceased).
- 230 cases in the North zone (15 deceased – unchanged from last week).
- NEW – Alberta invests $170 million to protect seniors in LTC facilities
All Alberta updates can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx