FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Conservatives are focused on helping Canadians by putting forward a number of constructive solutions to improve government programs and policies, but we know there is still much more to do,” said MP Arnold Viersen.
“The Liberal government is aware of 200,000 CERB applications that have already been ‘red-flagged’ as possibly fraudulent. Instead of fixing the gaps in existing programs, the Liberals have instructed government employees to ignore up to $400 million per month in fraudulent claims. I, along with many Canadians, am outraged at this abuse of taxpayer dollars.”
- Total Canadian cases: 72,520 (31,676 active, 35,507 recovered, 5,337 deceased)
- NEW – $1B Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) now accepting applications
- NEW – Conservatives propose adjustments to Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA)
- NEW – PM announces new support for Canadian seniors
- NEW – Launch of Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) for large and medium size businesses
- NEW – Federal employees ordered to ignore cheating in CERB and EI claims
- NEW – Federal government cuts funding for victims of human trafficking
- NEW – Lack of funding undermining Auditor General’s ability to audit record high government spending
All national updates can be found at: www.Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Total cases in Alberta: 6,407 confirmed (5,076 recovered, 120 deceased).
- 227 cases in the North zone (15 deceased).
- NEW – Alberta to relaunch today (excluding Calgary).