FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Today I am on my way to Ottawa as part of a small group of MPs who will take part in tomorrow’s Question Period,” said MP Arnold Viersen. “I intend to hold the government accountable on a number of issues important to constituents Peace River – Westlock including the flooding in Fort Vermilion, support for local small businesses, and online child protection.”
- Total Canadian cases: 49,815 (27,916 active, 19,047 recovered, 2,853 deceased)
- NEW – First Ministers’ statement on shared public health approach to support restarting the economy.
- NEW – Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance announced for small businesses.
- Conservatives propose new program to match students and youth employees with jobs in the agriculture and agri-food sector
- Conservatives propose solutions to help small businesses access the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA).
All national updates can be found at: www.Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Total cases in Alberta: 4,696 confirmed (1,664 recovered, 75 deceased).
- 196 cases in the North zone (14 deceased).
- NEW – Flooding in Fort Vermilion requires mass evacuations.
All Alberta updates can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx