FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Canadians’ lives and livelihoods literally depend on the government getting their response to the pandemic right. That is why it is critical to increase opportunities for MPs to advocate for those falling through the cracks,” said MP Arnold Viersen. “Conservatives will continue to call for increased in-person meetings of 30 MPs in Parliament to secure better results for Canadians. We need answers on how the government will ensure everyone gets the support they need and how they plan to re-open the economy.”
- Total Canadian cases: 39,967 (23,447 active, 13,647 recovered, 1,873 deceased)
- NEW – MP Viersen attending April 29 in-person Parliamentary session.
- NEW – Canada Emergency Student Benefit announced for eligible students.
- NEW – Businesses can apply for the 75% wage subsidy on April 27th.
- NEW – CRA launches online wage subsidy calculator.
- NEW – House of Commons reduces in-person meetings to weekly Wednesday sessions, with virtual meetings on Tuesdays (and Thursdays beginning in May).
- NEW – Clerk of House of Commons warned MPs that Parliament doesn’t have capacity for virtual sittings.
All national updates can be found at: www.Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Total cases in Alberta: 3,095 confirmed (1273 recovered, 61 deceased).
- 148 cases in the North zone.
- NEW – Alberta to use hotels as COVID-19 isolation centres
- NEW – Funding coming for continuing care facilities
All Alberta updates can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx