FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Reports that the government is considering restricting free speech are very disturbing. The government should not take advantage of a health crisis to infringe our hard-fought freedoms,” said MP Arnold Viersen. “We will continue to work with the Liberal government to get needed support to Canadians and businesses, but we will also vigorously oppose any attempts to limit our freedoms. Conservatives will always stand up and protect freedom of speech.”
- Total Canadian cases: 29,925 (19,063 active, 9,671 recovered, 1,191 deceased)
- NEW – Liberals raise concerns as they consider new law to fight pandemic misinformation.
- NEW – Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance program announced to help small businesses cover rents for April, May, and June.
- NEW – Threshold for Canada Emergency Business Account lowered to $20,000 for small business owners following concerns raised by CPC and businesses.
- NEW – Access to Canada Emergency Response Benefit expanded.
- NEW – Conservatives ask Minister of Agriculture to outline Liberals’ plan to support the agriculture sector during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NEW – Conservatives call on Minister of Seniors to address physical security and financial concerns of seniors during Covid-19.
All national updates can be found at: www.Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Total cases in Alberta: 1,996 confirmed (914 recovered, 48 deceased).
- 107 cases in the North zone.
- NEW – Alberta is investing $21.4 million to improve access to phone and online mental health supports.
All Alberta updates can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx