FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Alberta credit unions are well positioned to help deliver the federal government’s promised $40,000 emergency small business loans. Here in Alberta, small businesses rely on credit unions and have strong existing relationships,” said MP Arnold Viersen. “I call on the Minister of Finance to allow all Canadian credit unions to be a part of helping protect Canada’s economy and meeting the immediate needs of small businesses.”
- Total Canadian cases: 12,360.
- Over 268,000 Canadians tested for COVID-19 (3.7% positive, 95% negative)
- NEW – Conservatives call on federal government to allow all Canadian credit unions to deliver $40,000 emergency small business loans. Zero Alberta credit unions are currently approved by federal government.
- NEW – Conservatives call for immediate action to support Energy Workers
- NEW – Conservatives warn federal government against speeding up release of offenders who are a risk to public safety.
- NEW – Federal government announces funding for food banks including $30 million for local-level organizations
All national updates can be found at: www.Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Total cases in Alberta: 968 confirmed (13 deaths, 174 resolved).
- 55 cases in the North zone.
- Over 57,000 Albertans have been tested for COVID-19.
- NEW – Alberta expands eligibility for child care to include all essential workers including grocery workers, food producers, pharmacists etc.
All Alberta updates can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx