FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Over the past week, I have been working with my colleagues to address some of the direct impacts to our community, particularly seeking clarification from the federal government on the impact to the Temporary Foreign Worker and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Programs,” said Arnold Viersen, MP for Peace River Westlock. “We are all in this together and I am working with all levels of government to keep Albertans healthy, safe and supported during this difficult time.”
- Total Canadian cases: 943.
- The Canada-US border closure to non-essential traffic starts tonight at midnight.
- NEW – Asylum seekers will be turned away at Canada-U.S. border
- NEW – EI claims reached 500k this week.
- NEW – Federal government announced a plan to mobilize businesses and manufacturers to help fight the spread of the virus and boost the health sector’s stockpile of life-saving supplies.
- NEW – Federal & Alberta governments working on $15 billion plan for the oil and gas sector.
All national updates can be found at: www.Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Total cases in Alberta: 146, including 23 new cases of COVID-19.
- 10 cases are in the north zone – Big Lakes Country.
- Over 17,000 Albertans have tested for COVID-19.
- NEW – Alberta announces one-time payment of $1146 to bridge until April when federal supports will take over. Applications will on Alberta.ca next week.
- NEW – Alberta is working with pharmacists to offer COVID-19 screening & new app to provide virtual doctor’s appointments
All Alberta updates can be found at: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx